My feel GOOD guide to summer 2017!
So just when I thought our schedule would calm down with school out, our kids are signed up for every activity under the sun. Ok .. not really, but it seriously feels like it. The little’s are signed up for dive team, swim team, swim lessons, and golf. It doesn’t seem like a lot but when they are all in different age groups and time slots … it’s a a lot! We’re only three weeks into summer and I’ve already found myself being overwhelmed and feeling run down. I cannot be a mom to four little’s and feel this way. I knew I had to do something. So I started making some small changes and I feel amazing! My energy is way up, my mood is great (I have way more patience!) and I feel a sense of peace throughout these long days.
I know I’m not alone in this feeling .. right?! I didn’t think so! I put together my list of my feel good ways just for YOU! Here ya go :::
- H2O is the way to go … seriously! I know I talk a lot about H2O consumption, but it is super important. Our bodies are made of 70% water. It also helps flush toxins out of our system and transports vitamins and minerals to where they need to be. If you’re feeling fatigued lately, try adding another glass of water to your day. Make it more exciting by adding some fruit or mint leaves.
- Walk it off. Swim lessons run for 45 minutes. That is the perfect amount of time for me to put on my headphones, listen to my favorite music and get a good walk in!
- Cold food choices. When I heat hot foods on a hot summer day my body feel weighed down. My stomach is unsettled and I am uncomfortable. I’ve started eating cold foods … avocado egg salad, tuna salad, chicken and raw veggies. My body feels lighter and I have a lot more energy after a good cold meal.
- Lists! Lists! Lists! I write every. single. thing. down. If not, the chaos gets real. I’m completely lost … and you know when mom is lost, so it the rest of the circus.
- Meditation / Yoga. If I can get some time to myself I do my own form of meditation or yoga. Just to be clear, I know nothing about meditation and to be honest, I can’t turn my brain off for that long. My form of meditation is sitting in a quit, comfortable spot and just zone out. No music, no kids .. nothing. Something about it is calming.
- Green tea and a good night sleep. Green tea is full of antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. And a good night sleep .. who wouldn’t want that?? I try to aim for 8 hours. I’m up at 5am on a daily basis so I make sure to be in bed no later than 9pm.
- Rodan & Fields. I love putting the face mask on at night and feeling all the dirt and stress wash away. The lotion is refreshing and it feels amazing on my skin after a long day in the hot summer sun. I have the same process for the morning which leaves me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle my day. Yes, it’s only a skin care line but it seriously works wonders! If you want to order, check it out!
- Date night! Whether it’s the hubs or your girlfriends … it always feels good to get out and let loose! So make that call and get yourself a much needed night out!
Don’t let yourself feel run down and exhausted all summer. You should be enjoying this time … we’ve waiting nine months for this! Or at least we do in the Midwest! Grab a glass of water, get some exercise in and a good night sleep. You deserve this!