A twist on Taco Tuesday!
Hola! Fit Fam!
I know I’ve been absent for a while and I apologize. My family and I were on a road trip out West for the past few weeks and I decided to take a break from all social media to be 100% full present with them. It was the BEST! We had such a great time, got to experience a lot of new thing and we made more memories than imaginable!
We drove 4,400 miles, spent 96 hours in the car, visited 6 states, took two of our littles skiing for the first time, met tons of new friends, saw old friends, saw the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Sturgis, Deadwood, The Black Hills and so much more!
While I absolutely love traveling and exploring new places … I must say, I am beyond excited to be back! I’ve missed my bed, my shower, my kitchen, meal prepping, working out and most of all … YOU!
I bet you can guess the first thing I did when I get home – – after packing and starting laundry, of coarse – – ….. my grocery list and my meal prep. Yup, that’s exactly what I did. My husband thought I was nuts. After driving 8+ hours a day for the past three days I could not wait to get back in the car and to the store! And that’s exactly what I did!
My kitchen was calling my name and so was Taco Tuesday! I knew I wanted to switch it up this week but I had no clear vision. So I got my staple items and said “eh, I’ll figure it out later.”
Later came and I was craving buffalo chicken and peppers … BAM! That’s when my Mighty Mom Buffalo Chicken Pepper Nachos came about 🙂
Ok, not the best picture … but hey, I am not a photographer!
Seriously though … these were D-E-LISH … and they were super simple to make!
Simple and delish … bring. it. on!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-22 minutes
Here’s what you’ll need :::
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (or any other buffalo sauce)
- 4 peppers
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 lime, sliced
- Optional: plain Greek yogurt, black beans, salsa, onions, additional taco/nacho toppings
Here’s what I did :::
- place chicken breasts in bowl, poke with fork, pour buffalo sauce over top. Cover, place in fridge and let marinade for 3-4 hours.
- When ready, preheat oven to 365*F.
- Slice peppers to desired width, place in bowl and toss with EVOO, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Place chicken and peppers in oven, cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove chicken and peppers from oven. With two forks, shred chicken and place on top of peppers. Top with desired toppings (black beans, shredded cheese, onions, etc.) Place back in oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, place on plate. Top with cilantro, avocado, salsa and/or plain Greek yogurt.
These were a HIT! My husband and littles all enjoyed them … my littlest little couldn’t get enough!
My MMF Buffalo Chicken Pepper Nachos are a GREAT addition to your meal prep for next week and/or the perfect “Oh Crap, what’s for dinner” last minute recipe! Give them a shot and reach out to me on Facebook to let me know what toppings you added and how delicious they were!
Can’t wait to hear 🙂