How to create your NEW lifestyle!
Hey there! There’s no sugar coating (pun intended) this topic so let’s dive right into it.
If you’re reading this blog it’s either because your know your current lifestyle isn’t cutting it anymore and you feel yucky but you’re not quit sure about making the change … OR … you’re ready to revamp your lifestyle but you’re not sure where to start.
Either way .. I am here to help!
Before I dive into my 5 tips to create your new lifestyle .. let’s get some things straight.
- DO NOT think you can do this all overnight .. because you can’t. Ok, well you can .. but your chances of being successful are small. We want to set you up for success!
- Your revamp can mean making big changes. Depending on your current lifestyle this can be anything from eliminating your morning Starbucks Frappucino (which is upwards of 500 calories) to cutting back on the amount of meals you eat out to the overall foods you eat.
- The most important thing to know and understand … This is going to take time.
I cannot stress enough that this is going to take time. Remember the tortoise and the hair? Every time you expect results over night or you think you can dive in head first, I want you to remember this!
Now let’s get into changing your lifestyle. Here are five steps to get you started and set up for success.
- Ditch the Yuck. And no, do not refer back to the meme at the top. I want you to stand in front of your fridge, pantry and freezer, pick up each individual item and ask yourself :: how does this make me feel? If your answer is sluggish, bloated, crappy, sick, or anything else negative … TOSS IT. seriously. Toss it out. If it is a brand new item .. donate it to a local food pantry. You feel good donating to those in need and you will feel even better when you don’t eat it! I also want you to toss out any refined sugars and processed foods. This can be difficult to do especially when you are children. My advice for this is to take all of those items and put them in one spot, maybe a specific cabinet, and do not touch it.
- Make a Meal Prep plan. If you haven’t signed up for the Mighty Mom Fit 7 Day Jump Start Challenge do so! It is completely free, you get an Intro Guide with Meal Prep advice and tips, Done for You Time Saving Mighty Meals, and workouts … and yes, it is FREE!
- Shop. Once you’ve received your MMF 7 Day Jump Start Challenge Intro Guide you’ll want to follow the 8 steps I laid out for you. My best tip here is to ONLY shop for what you need. During warmer month’s Farmers Markets are great option to get your fresh produce. Don’t forget to do an inventory of what you have on hand so you don’t buy doubles!
- Rotation. Do not be a creature of habit. This is boring and I guarantee it will cause you to cheat. Instead come up with new recipes each week. I like to do my meal planning in four week rotations. Meaning, I reuse the same MP’s even four weeks .. adding in new meals and snacks when needed or wanting to try something new!
- Cook in batches and freeze. This is the BEST! Especially in the warmer months. Cook meals such as chili, stew, soups and pasta dishes in big batches. Choose your freezing storage method depending on when you plan to eat them. This also works great for fresh herbs and EVOO!
Let’s go back to what I said at the beginning of this blog … This is going to take time. Start off slow and make simple swaps. Here are a few ideas for you::
- Table salt :: Himalayan pink salt
- Sour cream :: plain Greek yogurt
- Pasta :: whole wheat pasta .. even better .. zoodles
- Soy sauce :: coconut aminos
- White rice :: buckwheat, quinoa .. even better .. cauliflower
Try these swaps over the coarse of the next week and let us know how it goes!
Have any other swaps that you’ve tried and loved? We’d love to hear about it .. leave a comment below 🙂